Friday, January 9, 2009

Arrived...

After beginning my journey around 2:30 EST in Boston, I finally ended it about 11:30 (pm) GMT +2, or about 7 hours ahead of East coast time. The flight was excellent, especially on South African Airways. Both the food and the wine were good, as well as exceptional service. Luckily, the seat next to Kelly was unoccupied. Across the aisle from me was a couple working as missionaries and they were very nice with their 7-month old daughter. Surprisingly, she was very quiet and well-behaved. Come to find out, she's already been on 12 flights in her short life. However, it seems that my luggage didn't come for the full ride. So hopefully today that issue can be resolved and I can get some clothing, shampoo, etc seeing it is very warm here (easily in the low 90s). I also need to purchase some hangers, etc for the dorm room. I found it very funny how they gave us 3 extra blankets (a fleece, comforter, a 3rd blanket) as well as our sheets. I don't think I'll be needing those blankets. But the nice thing is the laundry will be done for us weekly! As of now, I am only using an internet cafe in Gaborone, so it is quite hard to send emails given I only buy about 30 minutes of usage. However, I am hoping once I gain my bearings I can email more frequently from the University library. Please do send me emails since I do not have everyone's email address with me, and I will try and respond as speedily as possible (jonathan.durkee@gmail.com).

Hopefully my luggage comes today!~Have a good one.

No comments: